Cecilio Morales Moreno

Potters since 1517

Factory

Our history

This factory, dated from 1517, which has been transmitted from father to son since then to the present day, has been located since Nasrid times in the Granada neighborhood of Fajalauza – next to the entryway of the same name or Collado de los Almendros entryway.

Its current owner, Cecilio Morales Moreno, has directed artistic ceramics classes at the Granada School of Applied Arts and Crafts for 34 years. He combines both experiences in his current activity.

This factory was awarded a silver medal at the Universal Exhibition of Brussels in 1910 and, among many other decorations, obtained first prize at the first national ornamental plate exhibit, held in Cáceres.

Our products are made according to the traditional Arab technique – of which we are its most faithful followers. Proof of this can be seen, among other places, at the tile panels at the Arrayanes Palace of the Alhambra palace. In addition to this, the tile plinth of the main patio of the Granada City Council and the construction of the entire tilework of the chalet of the Kings of Belgium in Motril have been recently completed.

Our products are found almost all over the world, thanks to tourist shipments that proclaim the name of Granada in all latitudes.

Our production falls into two areas – artistic tilework, along with glazed earthenware and crockery decorated in the Granada style.

Biography

Fajalauza ceramics; José Luis Garzón Cardenete. Edit .: Albaida, Granada, 2004.

The ceramics of Granada; Carlos Cano Piedra, José Luis Garzón Cardenete. Edit .: Provincial Council of Granada, Granada, 2004.

Ceramics by Manuel Ángeles Ortiz; Emilio J. Escoriza Escoriza et al., Edit .: Caja Granada, Exhibition held at the Casa de los Tiros Museum, Granada, 2006.

Granada ceramics catalog; Miguel A. del Castillo Amaro and Blanca del Castillo Domínguez. Edit .: Mablan Desarrollos Urbanos SL, Granada, 2009.

What they say about us